Veneers: Conceal Imperfections and Transform Your Smile
Cosmetic imperfections such as chips, discoloration, and gaps can make your smile look unbalanced or even unhealthy.
To help you conceal various imperfections at once, Dr. James Slaman can design custom and highly lifelike veneers for patients in Albuquerque, NM.
Why are porcelain veneers such a popular cosmetic dentistry option?
How Are Veneers Used?
Wondering what porcelain veneers at our Albuquerque office can correct?
We Can Use Dental Veneers to Enhance Teeth That Are:
Am I a candidate for porcelain veneers?
More Information About Veneers
Advanced treatments in cosmetic dentistry can effectively address aesthetic concerns such as chips, discoloration, and cracks and deliver a more symmetrical, balanced, and attractive smile. At our Albuquerque office, Dr. Slaman works with a highly skilled lab to create custom, lifelike veneers. In most cases, veneers can be custom-made to your smile and placed within two weeks.
About Dental Veneers
Like dental crowns, porcelain veneers are custom-crafted restorations, designed to match the shade and fit of your surrounding teeth. However, rather than covering the entire tooth structure, a veneer covers only the front surface of the tooth. These restorations are ultra-thin for maximum comfort, but since they are fabricated from high-quality dental materials, they are also durable and long-lasting. They mirror the shine of natural enamel, delivering an incredibly lifelike result. Best of all, veneers are stain resistant, and can be properly maintained with routine brushing and flossing.
Unlike teeth whitening or orthodontics, veneers can address virtually every cosmetic aspect of a tooth, including shape, color, and size.
Veneer Treatment Process
Most of our Albuquerque patients can receive their final restorations in as little as two weeks. The treatment process follows these basic guidelines:
- Initial consultation: Before treatment can begin, Dr. Slaman must see you for a consultation. During this visit, he will talk to you about your personal cosmetic goals and assess the health of your teeth and gums to confirm that veneers treatment is right for you. If veneers are recommended, he will design a fully personalized plan.
- Preparing the teeth: To begin the treatment process, Dr. Slaman will remove a small amount of enamel from the tooth. This will make room for your restoration and prepare the tooth for veneers.
- Digital impressions: Once preparation is complete, we will take digital impressions of your teeth using our intraoral scanner. This device captures numerous images of your dental anatomy and combines them for an accurate representation.
- Fabrication of veneers: The images obtained by the digital impressions will be sent directly to our dental lab, where a skilled ceramist will begin the fabrication process. Your veneers will be custom-crafted from IPS e.max®, a material which offers superior aesthetics. This process takes approximately two weeks. In the meantime, you may be fitted for temporary veneers.
- Placement: Once your veneers arrive, you will return to our Albuquerque office for a final visit. Dr. Slaman will check the fit and feel of your new restoration, making sure it meets your expectations before securing it in place. Once affixed to the tooth, any last-minute adjustments will be made.
Exploring the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Those who choose veneers for their cosmetic dental needs can enjoy a number of benefits, including highly efficient treatment. In some cases, veneers can be used to resolve minor misalignment issues, allowing patients to achieve desired results in about two weeks as opposed to several months of orthodontic treatment. In addition, veneers can also offer a significant boost in self-confidence. Many patients who undergo treatment are far more eager to laugh and smile.
What Does It Cost to Upgrade My Smile with Veneers?
The three most significant cost variables are:
- The extent of treatment needed to meet your goals
- The amount of treatment you need before receiving veneers
- The type of material used to create your veneers
It is also important to understand that because this is an elective procedure, it does not qualify for insurance coverage. However, Dr. Slaman offers in-office 90-day financing to help you budget for this treatment. His Albuquerque staff can also help you coordinate low-interest and interest-free financing through CareCredit®.
Tell me more about the cost factors...
Number of Veneers
Concealing a small chip in one tooth will cost less than using several veneers to conceal staining that will not respond to teeth whitening. You can depend on us to only recommend the number of veneers necessary to meet your goals.
If you are suffering from tooth decay, gum disease, or other conditions affecting your oral health, they will need to be resolved first. Fortunately, insured patients can expect that at least a portion of these practical treatments will be covered.
Veneers can be made from a variety of materials. In general, the more durable and realistic-looking the material, the more it will cost. Dr. Slaman uses high-quality porcelain so that with proper care, your veneers can last for years to come.