Perhaps you feel that your smile could look better than it does. Or maybe you want to totally renew the look of your grin. If so, you may be a good candidate for a smile makeover at our Albuquerque, NM, dental practice. Dr. James Slaman, DDS, will recommend two or more cosmetic dentistry treatments appropriate for you. Then he will use cosmetic imaging software and mock-ups so you can preview the results of your smile makeover. With advanced training and the latest dental technology, Dr. Slaman is well qualified to help you attain the smile you have always wanted.
After you select the procedures that you want to include, Dr. Slaman will use simulation software to show you an image of what your smile will look like.
Professional Smile Makeover
Dr. James Slaman can combine cosmetic treatments for a custom smile makeover plan that dramatically enhances the appearance of your smile. During your free consultation, he will evaluate the health and appearance of your smile to determine which treatments would most benefit you. Your treatment may include teeth whitening, dental bonding, or orthodontic therapy.
What a Smile Makeover Can Do
If you want to correct any of the following cosmetic concerns, you may be a good candidate for a smile makeover:
- Dental stains
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Worn teeth
- Unusually shaped teeth
- An uneven or gapped smile
- A “gummy smile” or uneven gum line
Commonly Combined Treatments
A smile makeover is different for each patient. Dr. Slaman will help you select cosmetic procedures to address your specific needs and goals. These treatments can include:
- Porcelain veneers: Dr. Slaman will apply thin porcelain shells to the front of your teeth. The veneers will hide surface flaws, like chips and stains. They can also reshape your teeth and conceal minor orthodontic imperfections.
- Dental bonding: Dental bonding is a conservative alternative to porcelain veneers since Dr. Slaman will not need to reshape your teeth. By applying composite resin to flaws in your teeth, he can address most of the same concerns as he can with veneers.
- Gum contouring: Your gums form a framework for your smile. Therefore, if you have uneven or excess tissue, it can dramatically alter the look of your grin. During gum contouring, Dr. Slaman will use our advanced WaterLase™ laser to gently and precisely remove a small amount of tissue.
- Porcelain crowns: Dr. Slaman usually places crowns to repair damaged teeth. However, cosmetic dental crowns can also transform the appearance of worn, unusually shaped, or severely stained teeth.
- Teeth whitening: We provide in-office and take-home whitening. Our team will help you choose the method that best suits your goals and budget. Both treatments can give you a dramatically brighter smile.
Planning Your Customized Treatment
Because each smile makeover is so personalized, Dr. Slaman will take great care when planning your treatment. After you select the procedures that you want to include, Dr. Slaman will use simulation software to show you an image of what your smile will look like. He will also create a three-dimensional wax-up and temporary restorations, which you can try on. Some patients like to take a picture to show to their family and friends. If desired, Dr. Slaman will make adjustments to your treatment plan until you are fully satisfied with the projected outcome of your makeover.
Contact Us for Further Information
After your one-of-a-kind treatment, you could enjoy a dramatically enhanced smile, younger appearance, and increased self-confidence. Contact our office to begin planning your makeover with our expert dentist.