Cosmetic imperfections such as chips, discoloration, and gaps can make your smile look unbalanced or even unhealthy.
To help you conceal various imperfections at once, Dr. James Slaman can design custom and highly lifelike veneers.
Why are veneers such a popular cosmetic dentistry option?
More Information About Veneers
Advanced treatments in cosmetic dentistry can effectively address aesthetic concerns such as chips, discoloration, and cracks and deliver a more symmetrical, balanced, and attractive smile. At our Albuquerque, NM, dental practice, Dr. James Slaman works with a highly skilled lab to create custom, lifelike veneers. In most cases, veneers can be custom-made to your smile and placed within two weeks.
About Dental Veneers
Like dental crowns, veneers are custom-crafted restorations, designed to match the shade and fit of your surrounding teeth. However, rather than covering the entire tooth structure, a veneer covers only the front surface of the tooth. These restorations are ultra-thin for maximum comfort, but since they are fabricated from high-quality dental materials, they are also durable and long-lasting. They mirror the shine of natural enamel, delivering an incredibly lifelike result. Best of all, veneers are stain resistant, and can be properly maintained with routine brushing and flossing.
Unlike teeth whitening or orthodontics, veneers can address virtually every cosmetic aspect of a tooth, including shape, color, and size.
Veneer Treatment Process
Most patients can receive their final restorations in as little as two weeks. The treatment process follows these basic guidelines:
- Initial consultation: Before treatment can begin, Dr. Slaman must see you for a consultation. During this visit, he will talk to you about your personal cosmetic goals and assess the health of your teeth and gums to confirm that veneers treatment is right for you. If veneers are recommended, he will design a fully personalized plan.
- Preparing the teeth: To begin the treatment process, Dr. Slaman will remove a small amount of enamel from the tooth. This will make room for your restoration and prepare the tooth for veneers.
- Digital impressions: Once preparation is complete, we will take digital impressions of your teeth using our intraoral scanner. This device captures numerous images of your dental anatomy and combines them for an accurate representation.
- Fabrication of veneers: The images obtained by the digital impressions will be sent directly to our dental lab, where a skilled ceramist will begin the fabrication process. Your veneers will be custom-crafted from IPS e.max®, a material which offers superior aesthetics. This process takes approximately two weeks. In the meantime, you may be fitted for temporary veneers.
- Placement: Once your veneers arrive, you will return to the office for a final visit. Dr. Slaman will check the fit and feel of your new restoration, making sure it meets your expectations before securing it in place. Once affixed to the tooth, any last-minute adjustments will be made.
Exploring the Benefits of Veneers
Those who choose veneers for their cosmetic dental needs can enjoy a number of benefits. For example, these restorations are:
- Natural-looking: Over the years, dental materials have improved in terms of aesthetics. Therefore, patients can achieve a dramatic result and a lifelike smile.
- Comprehensive: Unlike teeth whitening or orthodontics, veneers can address virtually every cosmetic aspect of a tooth, including shape, color, and size.
- Efficient: In some cases, veneers can be used to resolve minor misalignment issues, allowing patients to achieve desired results in about two weeks as opposed to several months of orthodontic treatment.
- Resilient: Compared to dental bonding, veneers are more resistant to fractures. As dental materials become more advanced, the lifespan of these restorations improves. Most patients can maintain their veneers for 10 or more years.
In addition to these advantages, veneers can also offer a significant boost in self-confidence. Many patients who undergo treatment are far more eager to laugh and smile.
Schedule Your Veneers Consultation
If you are dealing with chips, stains, cracks, gaps, or misalignment issues, consider veneers as a cosmetic treatment option. Contact us online or call our practice at (505) 881-7586 to schedule your consultation today.
Dr. James Slaman DDS, PC
Dr. James Slaman has been dedicated to providing patients with exceptional care and outstanding results since 1992. He is affiliated with leading dentistry organizations, including:
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
To schedule a visit to our practice, simply contact us online or call us at (505) 881-7586.