Backed by nearly 25 years of experience, Dr. James Slaman excels at providing even the most complex dental restorations at his Albuquerque, NM, practice. He can combine dental implants, dental crowns, periodontal therapy, and more, for complete, streamlined treatment. Patients who require complex dental restorations typically have severely damaged, decayed, or flawed teeth. Dr. Slaman routinely completes continuing education courses in the most current and state-of-the-art techniques in order to provide his patients with the highest level of care.
Who Needs Complex Dental Restorations?
Many patients suffer from multiple teeth that have been impaired and require extensive treatment to regain dental function and aesthetics. Dr. Slaman typically provides complex dental restorations for patients who have severely damaged or decayed teeth as a result of conditions such as:
- Enamel Erosion: This occurs when the acid in the foods and beverages we consume erode the outer layer of the tooth (enamel). Erosion can also be caused by acid reflux and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder. If left untreated, enamel erosion can begin to expose the dentin layer and lead to dental sensitivity, cavities, and even tooth loss.
- Bruxism: This disorder occurs when individuals grind their teeth and clench their jaw, often while they sleep. Bruxism can lead to cracked, chipped, and severely flattened teeth and dental sensitivity. Bruxism can also cause TMJ disorder.
- Tooth Loss: This can occur from trauma, gum disease, tooth decay, bone loss, or severe infection.
Procedures to Restore Your Oral Health
Complex dental restorations are often performed to replace or rebuild most, if not all of your teeth. Dr. Slaman can perform a number of treatments to restore your oral health and function and the natural aesthetics of your smile. Using advanced technology and techniques, Dr. Slaman provides comfortable and efficient procedures. Your treatment plan could include a number of procedures such as:
- Dental Implants: If you have experienced tooth loss, titanium posts can be surgically inserted into your jawbone to create a stable foundation for a customized restoration, such as dental crowns, bridges, or dentures. We offer both traditional dental implants as well as All-on-4® implants.
- Dental Crowns: Made from porcelain, zirconia, or metal, dental crowns can repair and strengthen a tooth that has been severely damaged, or work in tandem with dental implants to replace missing teeth. CEREC technology allows Dr. Slaman to provide same-day porcelain crowns for our patients.
- Dental Bridges: If you have a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth in a row, a dental bridge can help fill the gaps in your smile. We use natural-looking and durable materials⏤such as porcelain or zirconia⏤to design your traditional or implant-supported restoration.
- Dental Fillings: When mild to moderate enamel erosion and tooth decay have developed, Dr. Slaman can repair your tooth with tooth-colored dental fillings. Made from composite resin, your restoration will be tinted to match your smile.
- Inlays or Onlays: When a molar is too damaged for a dental filling, but not quite damaged enough for a dental crown, an inlay or onlay can help strengthen the cusps and biting surfaces of your tooth. We can craft your restoration from either gold or porcelain depending on the extent of damage and your budget.
We understand the cost of dental care is not easily affordable for all patients, which is why we accept financing through CareCredit® and offer in-office payment plans to help you receive vital treatment. During your consultation, Dr. Slaman will perform a detailed exam to adequately determine the right treatment for you, taking into consideration your budget and the number of office visits that may be required.
Schedule Your Appointment
If your smile requires complex dental restoration, Dr. Slaman can help restore the natural function and appearance of your teeth with effective and comfortable techniques. Call our office at (505) 881-7586 or contact us online to schedule your consultation.