Innovative Dental Technology for Accurate, Personalized Care
Dr. James Slaman is committed to utilizing the latest developments in dentistry. For this reason, he uses an array of advanced dental technology. Our Albuquerque, NM, dental office is equipped with state-of-the-art imaging tools including a cone beam scanner, digital x-rays, and DIAGNOdent laser cavity detection. Dr. Slaman also uses progressive technology such as air abrasion instruments and dental lasers to reduce discomfort and treatment time, and he uses ultrasound technology for sleep apnea. In addition, with our CEREC® system, he can provide qualified patients with same-day crowns and bridges. We are proud to offer the extremely high level of service that these tools help us provide.
At our practice we go a step beyond to ensure the most effective care possible.
Imaging Technology for Improved Diagnoses and Treatment Planning
To evaluate your dental health and create effective treatment plans, Dr. Slaman needs sharp, accurate images. Traditional x-rays can certainly be useful. However, we go a step beyond to ensure the most effective care possible. Our imaging technology includes:
- Digital x-rays: Digital x-rays can reveal cavities, small cracks, impacted teeth, and many other concerns. Dr. Slaman uses the most up-to-date digital x-ray machine. Therefore, he can obtain the greatest amount of information possible. Digital images are much sharper than film. They can also be magnified many more times.
- Digital photos and an intraoral camera: An intraoral camera is a small, handheld device that can capture images of individual teeth. With this tool, Dr. Slaman can examine hard-to-reach teeth. He can also look for early signs of cavities and gum disease.
- GALILEOS ComfortPLUS cone beam imaging: The GALILEOS device will produce three-dimensional images of your jaw bone. Then Dr. Slaman can look for signs of bone recession to determine your candidacy for dental implants. He can also create a more detailed plan for your implant surgery.
- DIAGNOdent laser cavity detection: DIAGNOdent is a laser tool that will measure the level of fluorescence in your teeth. An elevated level of fluorescence can indicate early decay. Often, Dr. Slaman can diagnose cavities before you experience any noticeable symptoms.
Advanced Dental Technology
Advanced Tools for More Comfortable Procedures
Once he has diagnosed your condition, Dr. Slaman will provide the most appropriate treatment. Whether you are receiving restorative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, or general care, our tools are gentle and precise.
- The Wand®: If you require local anesthesia, Dr. Slaman can deliver it using this computer-controlled injection system. The device will determine the exact amount of anesthesia you require. The injection itself involves negligible discomfort.
- Air abrasion instruments: Dr. Slaman will need to reshape your teeth before placing fillings, crowns, veneers, and similar restorations. With an air abrasion instrument, he can trim off a very precise amount of tooth tissue. The tool will not produce the unpleasant noises or vibrations caused by traditional dental drills.
- WaterLase™ lasers: Dr. Slaman can use our WaterLase™ device to remove both hard and soft tissue. The tool combines laser energy with a stream of water for virtually discomfort-free treatment. Dr. Slaman may use WaterLase™ to perform gum and bone contouring, as well as crown lengthening.
Same-Day Restorations with the CEREC® System
If you are going to receive a crown or bridge, Dr. Slaman may be able to complete your treatment in just one appointment. First he will prep your tooth for the restoration. Then he will use the CEREC® scanner to take digital models of your tooth. On a chairside computer, he will plan your custom restoration. The designs will upload to the in-office CEREC® milling machine. In an hour or less, the machine will produce a stunningly lifelike restoration from tooth-colored porcelain. Dr. Slaman can then attach it to your tooth, and you will leave with fully restored dental function.
Ultrasound for Sleep Apnea
Dr. Slaman uses advanced ultrasound technology to diagnose obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and to evaluate initial treatment with an oral appliance. A major benefit of this diagnostic tool is that patients do not have to go back for a second sleep study to find out if their prescribed oral appliance is working.
Come Benefit from Our Dental Technology
We believe that our patients deserve the best care possible. To learn more about our dental technology and how it can enhance your care, contact us today.